Jump to navigation Jump to search
From today's featured article
Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (Marathi: Bhimarava Ramaji Ambedkara) (14 And April 1891 - 6 December 1956), also known as the Babasaheb Ambedkar, he was an Indian jurist (jyurista), political leader, Buddhist activist, philosopher, thinker, anthropologist, historian, Orator, eminent writer, economist, scholar, editor, statesman, and Buddhist renaissance. He was also known as Babasaheb. He was a member of the Constitution of India. He was also the president of the draft executive committee. He was an Indian nationalist and one of the pioneers of the Dalit movement in India. He was the main author of the Constitution of India. History in 2012. He was also voted "Best Indian" by Indians at a special function organized by V18. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was born into a poor " Mahar " family (then considered an untouchable nation ) in India. Ambedkar lifelong social inequality ( Social Discrimination ), the " four caste method " of the four Hindu castes, and untouchability in India (Untouchables or Untouchables community) has to fight against the system. He converted to Buddhism, and thousands of therabadi untouchables convert to Buddhism. ( Full article...)
Did you know...
- Grapes light on fire in the microwave.
- There are almost 8 million possible seven-digit phone numbers per area code.
- Spaghetto, confetto, and graffito are the singular forms of spaghetti, confetti, and graffiti.
- McDonald's once created bubblegum-flavored broccoli.
- The average mammal takes 21 seconds to empty its bladder.
- Chewing gum is banned in Singapore.
- The average U.S. household has 300,000 things in it.
In the news
- TMC to win 26 of 30 Phase 1 seats in Bengal? Viral opinion poll screenshot is fake
- Biden Wants to Pay for Infrastructure Plan With 15 Years of Corporate Taxes
- CBSE Board Exam 2021: CBSE Makes Big Announcement For Students Who Test COVID Positive This Exam Season
- 6 year old Walsall boy, finds '488-million-year-old' fossil in garden
- 17 year old Shubham Singh is One of the Youngest Entrepreneur of India
- Donald Trump said - If I lose then America will be captured by China in 20 days
On this day
- 1755 Samuel Johnson's "A Dictionary of the English Language" published in London
- 1877 Boston-Somerville installs the world's 1st telephone in Massachusetts
- 1912 RMS Titanic sinks at 2:27 AM off Newfoundland as the band plays on, with the loss of between 1,490 and 1,635 people
Picture of the day
Other areas of Gyaanipedia
- Gyaanipedia is having its old site on Wikia powered by Fandom which was the most oldest and the first site of Gyaanipedia
- Gyaanipedia is having its Meta site also.
Gyaanipedia is hosted by the Gyaanipedia Foundation, a non-profitable organization that also hosts a range of other projects.
- The Indian wiki: English · हिन्दी · বাংলা · తెలుగు · தமிழ் · मराठी · ગુજરાતી · ਪੰਜਾਬੀ · മലയാളം · ಕನ್ನಡ · मैथिली · भोजपुरी · Fiji Hindi · বেটুপাত · ଓଡ଼ିଆ · اُردُو · मारवाड़ी · हरयाणवी · संस्कृतम् · فارسی
- International wikis: Francais · Espanol · Italiano · 日本語 · Deutsch · Afrikaans · 中文 · Русский · Polski · Português do Brasil · 中文(台灣) · Qafár · Аҧсуа · Türkçe · Acèh
- Some new wikis: